The microfinance projects run throughout the year, so you may join us at any time. You do not need any prior experience, but it is important that you have an interest in this area. It is also important that you should be flexible, communicate well, and be willing to learn.
There are many vulnerable women groups in India, who are seeking a way to empower themselves. Kenosis projects are targeting specific disadvantaged and underprivileged groups in need of help. Kenosis provides funding and training to give these individuals the skills and financial help needed to start a business. Small scale entrepreneurship will enable them to secure a sustainable future for themselves.
This microfinance project in rural district of India aims to provide vulnerable individuals and groups with small commission and interest-free loans. Over time and with guidance, they will reimburse these loans. Following complete reimbursement, new candidates will then be selected.
As an intern, your role is crucial. You will help provide successful applicants with training in basic business accounting and general guidance that will help them build a profitable and (most importantly) sustainable business. You will work alongside the microfinance or microcredit officer. On a daily basis, you will be involved in a wide variety of tasks.
• Review loan applications and meet beneficiaries
• Assist beneficiaries in preparing a basic business plan with supporting marketing tools
• Monitor, mentor, and track business progress of individuals and groups
• Conduct workshops for entrepreneurs
• Provide general business guidance and support
• Managing loan accounts
• Monitoring the targeted individuals and groups who have already received loans
• Conducting weekly workshops
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING:
• This project is a great chance for you to add useful new skills to your resume and gain an insight into the challenges entrepreneurs face on a daily basis in developing countries
• You will observe how micro-credit can help disadvantaged people find their way out of poverty and become self-supporting and independent
• You will spend time in a completely new environment, learning about a different culture and way of life
• You are able to deeply connect with the people you train because you support them from beginning to end.
If you think you would be able to help by focusing on a particular area, please let us know when you apply OR contact us.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 10
Angelegt am: 18.06.2017
Letzte Änderung am: 18.06.2017