Niños de Guatemala is a Dutch-Guatemalan nonprofit working to break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala by providing quality education to those who need it most. Since our founding in 2006, we have opened two primary schools and one middle schools which now serve more than 470 Guatemalan children from low-income families in the towns of Ciudad Vieja and San Lorenzo el Cubo.
We take a holistic approach to education providing psychology and social work services alongside a nutritional program.
As a classroom assistant, volunteers will be paired with a teacher and a grade throughout their program stay. Your role is to support the teacher in daily classroom tasks and activities. These can include:
-Keeping children on task
-Preparing classroom materials
-Assisting at lunch time
The classroom assistance role has been developed to ensure that the volunteer feels utilized and can form a close bond with the children and teacher in their class.
Spanish is not needed to partake in this volunteer program.
1. Receive comprehensive training and support from full-time staff.
2. Join a program that can organise airport transfers, Spanish classes, and homestay accommodation for you.
3. Enjoy dedicated volunteer activities organised weekly.
4. Enjoy "Experience Guatemala”, a free half-day tour worth USD 35, and get a free NGO t-shirt.
5. Take classes at a Spanish School that offers 10% discount to volunteers with 100% of the profits going back to NDG´s programs.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 20
Angelegt am: 15.03.2017
Letzte Änderung am: 15.03.2017