Echte "Grüne Revolution": Slope Farming Projekt Arba Minch, Äthiopien
Arba Minch, Äthiopien
The Slope Farming Project peformed well this year and accomplished several milestones!
We were able to...
- new, offical documents for land use rights of the project site in Arba Minch in purpose of a scientific research project signed by the mayor of Arba Minch, Ethiopia
- set an agreement with the people of the neighbourhood of Bere Kebele nnot to allow open grassing in the sites anymore
- finish the Rain Water Harvesting measures at the project site. First calculations show a reduction of surface runoff from 90% without measures to 50% with the measures. Still work to do!
-put first seedlings and seed of various plants in the project site. Trees are growing now!
-construct a house for our caretaking guard Asfaw and his family, soon they will live there permantenly. Being there permanently = taking care = no erosion or degradation but restoration!
- construct azolla ponds to produce high-quality fodder rich in omega-3-fatty-acid DHA for high quality eggs from our 18 chickens.
-enlarge and stabilize the checkdam even further
-put an information board for the local people be get informed about our ideas in their "backyard"
- set up a greenhouse for further experiments
- had a lot of fun with our friends in Arba Minch working on the project!
New pictures see at http://www.slopefarming.org !
We would like to thank you so much for your support, you are part of it!
Jan Wibbing for the Slope Farming Team