Verändere mit uns die Welt!
Want to change the world? At betterplace.org, we do. For real.
Do you believe in making a difference? Each of the 35,000 NGOs on betterplace.org does. As Germany’s leading donation platform, we bring NGOs together with the people who help them turn their projects into reality, through their donations.
Do you want to have an impact? Help real people instead of shareholders? Create your own space instead of having it designed for you? If yes, we might just be the place for you! As Betterplace is expanding, we are growing our Product Domain Teams: right now, we are looking for great people to join our Product Engineering teams.
Test Automation Engineer
Start as soon as possible / 32-40 hours per week / office in Berlin-Kreuzberg + remote
We’re looking for experienced test automation engineers, with experience of at least two test frameworks and one or more programming languages. You will be part of our Product engineering teams who will test our betterplace.org and betterplace.me platforms and speed up delivery thanks to increased test coverage and you will be working with product owners and different stakeholders.
You will be working with your scrum team, product owners and different stakeholders to develop and improve betterplace.org’s software platforms. You’ll write test plans and test cases for features and contribute to decisions about the future architecture of betterplace.org.
- Ruby on Rails, RSpec, React.js, REST, GraphQL, Tailwind, Docker, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Semaphore CI, Google Cloud Platform (Cloud Build, Cloud Storage, Kubernetes Engine)
Ideally, you have:
- three years of test automation experience in various projects and medium sized platforms
- experience with browser-based test automation frameworks
- experience in giving guidance to the team on development of a modern, effective, automated test framework
- the ability to create test plans based on user stories and acceptance criteria
- the experience to write test cases for functional and non-functional features and maintainable efficient automated tests within the test framework
- developed and tracked metrics to support continuously improving the framework
- experience with Introducing new tools and techniques to teams
- experience in solving real-life problems and troubleshooting
- effective communication to achieve consensus with peers, in English (at least level B1, or above) . Knowledge of German is a bonus
- authorization to work in the European Union
- a fantastic meaningful engineering culture with teams working on products and platforms that actually help people
- 20 days R&D per year for experimentation with new technologies
- the possibility to learn, teach and grow professionally
- 100% remote option to work from any EU country (or work in our Berlin office)
- family-first and flexible arrangements are available and are part of our culture
- all the other perks you get from working at betterplace
Some side facts:
- Language: We are transitioning to English as a language in the teams, and english will be your working language within the product engineering teams. However, German is still used in many places outside the product engineering teams and a little German can be helpful. We will assist with language courses if needed.
- Freelancers: You’re welcome to send your portfolio/CV, but we’ll only reply if we actually have some need. We have no need for outsourcing teams at this time.
- You can easily apply through our online form and upload your CV. Do not include any picture of yourself, but please write a few words about yourself and what made you apply.
What’s important to us:
We strive to become a more diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and People of Colour.