Verändere mit uns die Welt!
Want to change the world? At betterplace.org, we do. For real.
Do you believe in making a difference? Each of the 35,000 NGOs on betterplace.org does. As Germany’s leading donation platform, we bring NGOs together with the people who help them turn their projects into reality, through their donations.
Do you want to have an impact? Help real people instead of shareholders? Create your own space instead of having it designed for you? If yes, we might just be the place for you! As Betterplace is expanding, we are growing our Product Domain Teams: right now, we are looking for great people to join our Product Engineering teams.
Start as soon as possible / 32-40 hours per week / office in Berlin-Kreuzberg + remote
We’re looking for an experienced Scrum Master, who has already worked with two or more Engineering teams in parallel.
You will be working with the Product Engineering teams for the betterplace.org and betterplace.me platforms and other products, and their product owners to make sure the teams´ Scrum is well supported and runs smoothly. You will make sure that the teams stay on track and that the growth of our engineering department is working well with our Scrums.
- Ruby on Rails, RSpec, React.js, REST, GraphQL, Tailwind, Docker, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Semaphore CI, Google Cloud Platform (Cloud Build, Cloud Storage, Kubernetes Engine).
Ideally, you have:
- three years of experience as a scrum master supporting two or more product engineering teams
- experience supporting the product owners on preparation prioritization of the backlog and agile ceremonies (stand-ups and reviews)
- experience of the visualisation of KPIs for performance, process and product quality
- experience in resolving issues and blockers and install a team climate where the workflow is optimal
- the ability to continuously improve the team with good metrics to demonstrate success
- experience in assessing the Scrum maturity of the teams and coaching the teams to higher levels of maturity, in a continuous and sustainable way
- good experience with the servant leadership style and leading by example
- experience working with multicultural teams in a 100% remote set up.
- effective communication to achieve consensus with peers, in English (at least level B1, or above) Knowledge of German is a bonus
- authorization to work in the European Union
- a fantastic meaningful engineering culture with teams working on products and platforms that actually help people.
- the possibility to learn, teach and grow professionally
- 100% remote option to work from any EU country (or work in our Berlin office)
- family-first and flexible arrangements are available and are part of our culture
- all the other perks you get from working at betterplace
Some side facts:
- Language: We are transitioning to English as a language in the teams, and english will be your working language within the product engineering teams. However, German is still used in many places outside the product engineering teams and a little German can be helpful. We will assist with language courses if needed.
- Freelancers: You’re welcome to send your portfolio/CV, but we’ll only reply if we actually have some need. We have no need for outsourcing teams at this time.
- You can easily apply through our online form and upload your CV. Do not include any picture of yourself, but please write a few words about yourself and what made you apply.
What’s important to us:
We strive to become a more diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and People of Colour.