Verändere mit uns die Welt!
Want to change the world? At betterplace.org, we do. For real.
Do you believe in making a difference? Each of the 45,000 NGOs on betterplace.org does. As Germany’s leading donation platform, we bring NGOs together with the people who help them turn their projects into reality, through their donations.
Do you want to have an impact? Help real people instead of shareholders? Create your own space instead of having it designed for you? If yes, we might just be the place for you! As betterplace is expanding, we are growing our Product Domain Teams: right now, we are looking for a
Start as soon as possible / 32-40 hours per week / office in Berlin-Kreuzberg or remote
We’re looking for an experienced Platform Engineer, with general programming and hands-on scripting experience. You will be part of our product engineering teams that work on the betterplace.org and betterplace.me and other platforms.
You will be working with your scrum team and different stakeholders to develop and improve betterplaces software platforms. You will support our engineering teams and contribute to the architecture of our systems built on kubernetes and the Google Cloud.
Our infrastructure stack
- Google Cloud Platform ecosystem, Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana, Redis, Linux, Bash, Shell script and Semaphore CI.
Ideally, you have:
- good experience with container orchestration, kubernetes and docker.
- good experience improving and automating CI / CD pipelines along with helping supporting engineering teams.
- experience in Terraform or another IaC solution for provisioning.
- experience with event monitoring, logging and alerts management.
- experience with server management and admin skills.
- experience using metrics to improve ways of working.
- experience of advocating improvements for quality, performance and security.
- experience with SRE is a bonus.
- experience with our developer stack is a bonus which is : Ruby on Rails, React.js, REST, GraphQL, Docker, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- good awareness of cloud security concepts is a bonus.
- effective communication skills to achieve consensus with peers.
- knowledge of English (at least level B1), knowledge of German is a bonus
- authorization to work in the European Union
- a fantastic meaningful engineering culture with teams working on products and platforms that actually help people.
- 20 days R&D per year for experimentation with new technologies.
- the possibility to learn, teach and grow professionally.
- 100% remote option to work from any EU country (or work in our Berlin office).
- family-first and flexible arrangements are available and are part of our culture.
- all the other perks you get from working at betterplace.
Some side facts:
- Language: English will be your working language within the product engineering teams.
- Freelancers: You’re welcome to send your portfolio/CV, but we’ll only reply if we actually have some need. We have no need for outsourcing teams at this time.
- You can easily apply through our online form and upload your CV. Do not include any picture of yourself, but please write a few words about yourself and what made you apply.
What’s important to us:
We strive to become a more diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and People of Colour.