Verändere mit uns die Welt!
Want to change the world? At betterplace.org, we do. For real.
Do you believe in making a difference? Each of the 45,000 NGOs on betterplace.org does. As Germany’s leading donation platform, we bring NGOs together with the people who help them turn their projects into reality, through their donations. Do you want to have an impact? Help real people instead of shareholders? Create your own space instead of having it designed for you? If yes, we might just be the place for you!
Frontend Engineer (gn)
start immediately / full-time / home office & office in Berlin-Kreuzberg
We’re looking for experienced Frontend Engineers with 3+ years of experience in React, Next.js, and TypeScript. You will be part of our engineering squads and work on the betterplace.org and betterplace.me platforms.
You will work with your cross-functional squad and various stakeholders to develop and improve betterplace.org’s platforms. You will implement and craft new, exceptional user-facing features for our responsive web applications and make decisions about the design system(s) and future products of betterplace. As the Frontend Engineer, you will share your experience and provide guidance to other team members. In addition, you will help the team stay focused and on track through pair programming and mentoring.
React, Next.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, REST, Vitest, Playwright, Storybook, MySQL, Ruby on Rails, Semaphore CI, Docker, Terraform and Google Cloud to name a few.
Your experience and skills
- Good knowledge of React, Next.js and TypeScript.
- Good experience working with CSS.
- Good ability to produce high quality code that meets our standards for security, accessibility, and performance.
- Good experience with backend integration technologies such as GraphQL and REST.
- Knowledge of frontend unit test frameworks.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and functional programming for clean coding.
- Basic experience in creating user experiences.
- Excellent communication skills in English (our business language), both written and spoken.
- An authorization to work in the European Union.
Ideally, you will have
- Good knowledge of CSS tools (PostCSS, CSS Modules).
- An awareness of modern end-to-end testing frameworks (Playwright).
- Experience working with design systems.
We want to emphasize that this list is not about checking off boxes, but to give you an idea of what we are looking for. If you think you are a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you!
- A fantastic, meaningful engineering culture with teams working on products and platforms that actually help people.
- A permanent employment contract.
- 20 days R&D and learning per year to experiment.
- Annual budget for continuing education and 5 days of educational leave.
- The possibility to learn, teach and grow professionally.
- 30 paid holidays per year.
- Family-friendly and flexible arrangements are available and part of our culture.
- Work from home and in our new, bright office overlooking the Spree River in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- 50 Euro lump sum for internet use.
- Company-wide, transparent salary scheme where each position is evaluated based on job requirements and assigned with a salary range subsequently.
You can easily apply through our online form and upload your CV. Do not include any photo of yourself, but please write a few words about yourself and what made you decide to apply.
What’s important to us
We strive to become a more diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and People of Colour.