Verändere mit uns die Welt!
Want to change the world? At betterplace.org, we do. For real.
betterplace.org is Germany’s largest donation platform. Since 2007, we have been empowering people, non-profit organizations and companies to do good. But in fact, we are much more than an online social marketplace. Together with you, we want to do nothing less than move the world. And we still have a lot planned. Are you with us? We are looking for a
Start immediately / Full Time / Office in Berlin-Kreuzberg and Home-Office
The Data Team’s mission is to enable betterplace and our stakeholders to make the right decisions through data and insight. betterplace.org has been growing in recent years and the volume and requirements related to data is growing with it. You will be the first data engineer joining our team and provide vital service to data analysts, product managers, user researchers and marketers.
What you will be doing:
- Design, build and maintain the data platform and data warehouse for betterplace
- Develop custom ETL / ELT pipelines
- Develop key platform capabilities such as data quality, governance and discoverability
- Automate data processes for other teams and build self-serve data import and export tools
- Maintain and administer our data services for Finance and Product
- Design and implement solutions to challenges that betterplace faces as it grows
- Experience working as Data engineer for 2years+ on a mid to large size projects
- Hands-on experience in data management, data modeling and building and supporting sophisticated data pipelines using industry standard tools (e.g., Snowflake, dbt, Spark)
- Proven programming skills with (any of) Ruby on Rails, Python and SQL, knowledge of Git and experience with API integrations
- Prior experience working with Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Metabase, Looker, Tableau, Prophix)
- Experience working with cloud service solutions like AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- Solid interpersonal skills, experience collaborating with non-technical partners
- Ability to propose and implement technical solutions to business problems
- Curiosity and can-do attitude – initiative to dig into the why, what & how
- High interest and enthusiasm for the civil society sector
- Proficiency in English (some experience in German is a plus)
- Authorization to work in the European Union
What we offer:
- An interesting challenge with many different tasks that cover various areas of data processing with the ability to choose the sphere you like more and focus on it.
- A unique opportunity to shape a fast-growing social marketplace, where more than 140 million euros have already been collected and where a lot of social impact is being done around the world – we are proud of that, and we want that to become much more
- A great opportunity to become a part of a team of PMs, Designers and Analysts learning from one another and contributing to our mission to make the world a better place.
- A place in an open-minded, committed and highly motivated team with an open, appreciative and trusting organizational culture. Read more about us and what you can expect here .
- Lots of freedom, personal responsibility and flexible working hours.
- Central location in Berlin and a flexible home office policy. The product team meets one week per month in our central location in Berlin.
How to apply:
You can easily apply through our online form and upload your CV. Do not include any picture of yourself, but please write a few words about yourself and what made you apply to betterplace.
For questions, contact Adèle by email (email@example.com).
What’s important to us:
We strive to become a more diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migration background and People of Colour.