betterplace.org is a charitable non-profit organization. We make a point of ensuring that the absolute majority of your donation is forwarded to the social organization and the project. Because betterplace.org itself is part of the community.
Everything we do, we do for the social sector.
When do costs arise for using betterplace.org?
- The registration is free of charge. We also do not charge any basic or monthly fees. It is up to you to decide how long you want to use betterplace.org, which is why we refrain from any fixed terms or contracts.
- Nevertheless, every donation invokes costs charged by banks or payment services. This is why 2.5 % of every donation are retained by betterplace.org. With only 2.5 % we are able to cover those costs and can thereby guarantee to offer our services for social organizations (i.e. fundraising tools, knowledge, and reach) completely free of charge.
How are the 2.5 % used in detail?
- Transaction costs and bank fees: As we are dependent on banks and payment service providers for any kind of transaction, every donation costs money. These fees are, unfortunately, fixed.
- Chargebacks, penalty fees for credit card misuse, costs for legal representations and legal fees in cases of suspected misuse of donations.
What are the 2.5 % not being used for?
- The everyday operations of betterplace.org are not covered by the 2.5 %. Our running costs such as rent, electricity, staff, and coffee are financed by private supporters, corporate cooperations, and voluntary donations toward betterplace.org.
What we offer you free of any charge:
- Registration and creation of an individual profile for your organization and your project
- Secure and easy donation process with four payment possibilities: PayPal, direct debit, credit card, Paydirekt (compatible with desktop, mobile, tablet etc.)
- Admission into our register of transparent aid projects
- Automated dispatch of donation receipts
- New donors and more reach through our various corporate partners, partner portals, and marketing campaigns
- Marketing tools for establishing contact with your donors, i.e. individual newsletters, campaign widgets, social media links, fundraising events
- Comprehensive donor statistics and analysis, as well as export of donor data
- Fundraising counselling, i.e. training events, webinars, on-site consultation made possible by 70 voluntary ambassadors in 11 German cities
- Support hotline for donors and organizations