Caring children in these days has becoming a great responsibility and challenge for the parents as well as teachers. It is more so when a child has special needs. The overall development of a child’s need to be taken into consideration and that is what envisaged in this Day Care Centre
The main objectives of the DCC are:
• Socialization and integration of children with disabilities in the community by providing them equal opportunities.
• Educational activities in order to prepare children for preschool / school and to manage daily life according to their individual abilities.
• Social and medical rehabilitation in order to improve and maintain the functional abilities of the children and mainstream them .
The Main Activities of the DCC are:
• Awareness generation amongst parents of persons with disabilities, its family members & related Govt. Officials / Teachers.
• Assessment & evaluation of children with disabilities.
• Motivation & counselling to parents & families.
• Training in Activities of Daily Living Skills..
• Pre school Activities,
• Therapeutic services which includes physiotherapy / occupational therapy / speech / psychotherapy & play therapy, Music Therapy, Referral to Psychiatrists if needed.
• Audio logical assessment & referral.
• Pre-vocational training.
• Facilitation in getting admission into special school and Inclusive school and Mainstream school.
• Respite care services (for parents).
• Social & family integration.